Thursday, February 12, 2009

PORKY PIGS

"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population." -- Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

The spend-thrift agenda of the far left is about to get a big subsidy from the American people thanks to the trojan horse that is otherwise known as the "stimulus package." The parasites are invading and the host – the American taxpayer – is about to be sucked dry.

Thanks to three Senate Republicans, Arlen Specter, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, the far left of the Democrat party has succeeded in putting together a $1 trillion trough full of political patronage. These collaborators put an end to any possibility of a debate on the egregiously pork-laden legislation. Without the ability to filibuster, Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats have no way to address the irresponsible excess that is supposed to save us from the past decade of . . . irresponsible excess.

Much has been said over the past couple weeks about the absurd entitlement programs that will do more to shackle people to the largesse of the state than create economic growth. There’s really nothing more I can add about spending $2 Billion on "neighborhood stabilization programs" like ACORN or $8 Billion to create a railroad between Los Angeles and Harry Reid’s stomping ground, Las Vegas. Need I mention the $30 Million for wetlands conservation in the San Francisco Bay Area, part of Nancy Pelosi's efforts to save the salt marsh harvest mouse?

I'm still looking for the part about stimulating the economy.

I didn't find it in the approximately 450 pages of this stinking piece of trichinosis that are dedicated to creating a Federal Coordinating Council for Comparative Effectiveness Research. In other words, tax-cheat Tom Daschle’s dream of establishing a federal bureaucracy to dictate treatment options to doctors and their patients is about to become a reality.

Does that sound a bit too apocalyptic? Consider this: "The goal, Daschle’s book explained, is to slow the development and use of new medications and technologies because they are driving up costs. He praises Europeans for being more willing to accept 'hopeless diagnoses' and ‘forego experimental treatments,’ and he chastises Americans for expecting too much from the health care system."

Daschle’s Malthusian vision is about to become law. "Stimulus" apparently does not mean re-energizing the economy as much as it means controlling costs by controlling the population.

I wonder if cancer-survivor Specter would have been willing to lower his expectations after his own hopeless diagnosis if it meant he could save the salt marsh harvest mouse.

19 comments:

  1. senators hvae their own health plan. specter can have whatever treatment he wants, when he wants it. so piss on the diseased masses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jilibuster is a right-wing nutcase. I can't beelieve they let filth like you blog. you must be a racist like Gregg who gave up on OBama who is the best president EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Fun, Why are you trying to shut down free speech? Isn't that what liberals like you always try to champion? oh yeah, only when people agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work Jillibuster! Chunk Monkey is a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you crap your pants in public, Big Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Accept it Big Fun, the demos are stinking up the place. Get the stars out of your eyes and take a look at reality with a logical and critical mind. unfortunately you're too busy patting yourself on the back for beings o open minded. I'll bet you think you have more foreign policy experience that Sara Palin too just bc you did semester at sea before you failed out of your early childhood ed/sociology/communications program.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Fun? So anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist? So by your logic, if you disagree with McCain, you obviously must have ageism coursing through your blue veins. I can't believe you're allowed on here. Your Grandparents would be shocked and saddened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No. I'm not saying that. and quite trying to censor me for commenting on someone's blog. I'm a big believer that dissent is patriotic so no one can tell me where I'm allowed to be or not. we all need to be given equal time. I'm just tired of people like you who don't like Obama just becuase they are threatened by someone of a different race. give the man a chance. he has earned it. The stimulus will work or else he wouldnt have fought so hard for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. as a mother, I am proud that my son will grow up in a country that cares so much about people that they have decided to cast old ways aside and start spending money on projects for regular people. when are all you republicans going to learn that compassion is not a crime! let's spend our money on our neighborhoods and improving our environment for our children instead of sending it all to halliburton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh baby, Halliburton is out and Raytheon is IN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admit that I am particularly partial to most pork products. especially ham and a kielbasa that's spend a lazy 30 minutes on the grill. But even I detest this 'porkulus' bill. I agree with Jillibuster. Oftentimes I feel like I don't have a voice and most people don't understand how I feel but I'm very happy to find out that I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. and by the way, I have the utmost respect for our senior citizens! It was my grandparents who raised me to proudly vote democratic and I follow in the family tradition so I think they would be quite pleased with the person am and the choices I make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. and another thing, blurpy, I am a proud educator and I happen to be bilingual thanks to my experience as an exchange student in quebec which means yes, I do have more foreign policy experience than Sarah Palin. don't be so judgemental just becuase I'm not a wallstreet rapist. this blog and the people that read it suck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sad day. most expensive legislation ever and Congress didn't even read the final version before voting to pass it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope Tom Dashcle catches some deadly, wasting disease for which there is no cure because pharmaceutical research for it was SHUT DOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know what ... I wish to apologize to any and everyone I've offended with my idiocy. I guess that for some reason I just can't relax. I mean, I should be able to ... my political party controls all three branches of government, and can do anything with very little resistance. But, for some reason I just can't relax. My paranoia causes me to see hate and bigotry everywhere. Why, the other day, someone said they prefer white milk instead of chocolate, and I just exploded with rage and screamed and yelled about how ignorant and racist they are. As a result, my mom says I now have to make my own breakfast. I guess when you're my age and you still live at home, that's what happens.

    So, my apologies. While I still consider any constructive critique against my political party a vial and horrid nazi inspired comment against the greatest president to ever walk on water, I'll try to keep myself on a short leash.

    Speaking of short leash ... my safe word is "Hope." Please be gentle?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found this blog on a google search. The commentary is almost as good as the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good thing Big Fun spent that semester in Quebec so he will be left with little doubt as to the meaning of douche. btw big fun, what happened? the big boys in France wouldn't let you come over and play so you had to settle for Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chunk Monkey wants more Jillibuster!

    ReplyDelete